AdSense

Monday, June 25, 2012

Maxpedition Tactical Can Case

When Maxpedition introduced its Tactical Can Case, I thought it was rather silly. Designed to fit two cans of "chew" like Skoal or whatever, I figured I wouldn't have any use for it. When I got my iPhone, I found a use and a new excuse to buy another nifty pouch.

Here it is on the side of my Falcon II. It is constructed of 1000D Cordura nylon and is available in five different colorways - Black, Khaki, OD Green, Foliage Green and ACU. It is approximately 4 inches in diameter by 2 inches thick. There is a small slip pocket on the front. Being round, it works very well for things like headphones, phone chargers and other small coiled-up wires:


Inside, I have my iPhone charger/cable and headphones. (I use Skullcandy Smokin' Buds - they're a huge improvement over those awful things that come with the iPhone/iPod. I added a cordlock to the little bag they come in). The whole interior is lined with a soft fleece-like material which prevents scratching. Sewn to the inside back is an elastic strip that keeps the USB cable wound up.

It attaches to standard PALS webbing with a single 3" Malice Clip, TacTie or similar device. I suppose you could attach it to a belt using the same method, but the addition of a belt loop would have been nice.

Overall, I like the Tactical Can Case. It works well for the way I use it and it, like all of Maxpedition's products, is built to last.

Semper Paratus

No comments:

Post a Comment