AdSense

Sunday, October 16, 2011

Why Fashion Apocalypse Z?

I chose this name mostly because I like the way it sounds. I also wanted something that would bring together elements of my old blog and my current interests and passions. But what does it mean?

The Second College Edition of The American Heritage Dictionary describes "apocalypse" as a "prophetic disclosure or revelation." My last blog was concerned with preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse. The way I interpret "Zombie Apocalypse" is the revelation that the monster is us. Zombies are a popular metaphor for what we have become; walking dead - mindless, soulless, insatiable, unstoppable comsumers.

I call myself a zombie hunter because I seek to destroy the mindset that causes unconscious consumption. The way I do this is by encouraging people to think for themselves.

But I had to ask myself; "If I was a fashion-conscious zombie hunter, how would I dress?" Sure, it has to be durable and practical, but I also want to express my personal style and convey a sense of light-heartedness. Zombie killing is serious business.

Military clothing is perfect for a lot of reasons. It's versitile and practical and it's built to be used hard. I also like the idea of re-using stuff that's been cast off by the government. The downside is that the colors are drab and if you're using surplus from only one country, you wardrobe can get monotonous real fast.  Mixing it up is key.

In future posts, I will be talking about different styles, colors and patterns of uniforms from around the world and how to combine and modify them in clever and creative ways. Rock On.

No comments:

Post a Comment