AdSense

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Cold Steel Kukri Machete


I originally bought the Cold Steel Kukri Machete as a novelty, inspired by the khukuris carried by Milla Jovovich in "Resident Evil: Extinction".


(This isn't a great picture of the khukuri, but that's only part of the point.)

It wasn't a novelty for very long. It quickly became one of the most useful yard tools I own. It easily cuts small limbs, saplings and tall grass. If I need to clear brush, this is the first thing I go for. It would make a great backpacking tool also.

The blade measures 13 inches long by about 2.75 inches at the widest point. It is 18 inches long overall. The handle is made of injection molded plastic and was not very comfortable at first. There was a sharp ridge along the molding seam which I removed with 220 grit sandpaper. I would like for the handle to be a little bit fatter, but I usually wear gloves, so it's no big deal.

At 25-30 dollars, this is a great value and an awesome addition to anyone's kit.

Semper Paratus

No comments:

Post a Comment