AdSense

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Energizer 3 LED Headlight


A headlight is another must-have for your EDC kit. I am only now discovering the wonders of a headlight and I don't plan on going without one again. There are a lot of different models available at many price points. Part of my goal for this blog is to review products which are readily available. I got this one at Target for $9.99

The head pivots and light is provided by three LED's, two white and one red:


Power comes from three AAA batteries, which are accessed by inserting a coin into the slot and twisting:


When I removed the cover the first time, it opened with a loud "snap". I was afraid I broke it, but didn't. The cover is held in place on the bottom by this little tab, which seems rather fragile. Care must be taken not to break it off:


Despite its somewhat cheap feel, this little light works well. It's bright and the two LED's focus into a single beam. It's comfortable, too. The headband is soft and fits snugly. This is a great item to keep in the car for nighttime emergencies like flat tires or dead batteries.

Semper Paratus

No comments:

Post a Comment