AdSense

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Old-School Tool of the Day - Stanley Utility Knife

 

This is another of my most-used tools which I  had mentioned in a previous post. This old Stanley Utility Knife (model #10-099) has served me well for over twenty years. A lot of simple consumer goods, like this one, made from about 1990 and earlier, were made in the USA. After 1990, just about all of it is imported and there is a noticeable difference in quality.

What can I say about a utility knife? A couple of things, I guess. It has a three-position retractable blade and can store up to five blades inside the handle. A screwdriver isn't necessary to open it; pretty much any coin will work. It cuts stuff and opens boxes. But it's cheap (I didn't pay for this one) and it does the job well. I don't actually carry this every day, but I use it very often and keep it within easy reach. no home should be without one. A similar version can be found here.

Semper Paratus

1 comment: