AdSense

Monday, July 9, 2012

RK Shows Gun Show; Overland Park, KS; July 7-8, 2012

 R.K. Shows, Inc. hosted a gun show at the Overland Park Trade Center at 115th and Metcalf this past weekend. In a way, if you've seen one gun show, you've seen them all, but this was one of the better ones I've seen at this location in quite a while. There were many vendors and lots of people in attendance.

And of course, there was a ton of cool stuff to look at.
This is a Browning M1919 machine gun. It could be yours.

For those interested in melee-style zombie weapons, the choices were many; such as these Cold Steel machetes and tomahawks.
I have a Cold Steel Kukri Machete like the one in the upper right of the top photo (next to the blue thing). It's an awesome yardwork tool. I will post  a review of it soon.
This is the Mossberg 500 Chainsaw ZMB. 12ga 3 inch, 6+1 capacity, it comes with a chainsaw-style foregrip, agressive muzzle device and accessory rails.

AR15's and variants were in abundance. I found table after table of complete rifles, upper and lower receivers and many parts and accessories.

There were a lot of handguns, too...


This was a 55 caliber anti-tank gun that has been converted to .50 BMG;
This photo accidentally turned out kinda nice. I took all of these pics with my iPhone, so they are not quite up to my usual standards. That's 100 rounds for $325.

With more women getting into shooting, there are more color choices for accessories;
And by "more", I mean pink. Here is a plain-jane AR with pink furniture;


I liked this one; it's a Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22 with a custom pink tigerstripe paint job. Nice.

Back in the late 90's, I went into a trendy clothing store in Westport looking for something in pink camo for my daughter's birthday. They looked at me like I was crazy. They hadn't even heard of pink camo; and that was a fashion store! Who's crazy now? Here is a range bag in pink camo;


Speaking of bags; there were several vendors selling tactical nylon gear and gun cases. This booth had all kinds of tactical-looking gear at stupidly low prices. $35 for a Maxpedition Falcon II look-alike;

They also had some duffel bags for $40 that were big enough for me to fit inside. Like seriously. Let's load one of those to capacity and send it through typical airport baggage handling and see how long it lasts. You get what you pay for.

There was plenty of genuine military surplus for those who were looking for the real thing;


Along with guns and gear, flags and "subversive" literature are also available;

This table was all about The Duke;

Quantico Tactical is a relatively big retailer with five locations nationwide. I was happy to see them here.

Here are a few things they had;

An FN SCAR-16 in Flat Dark Earth (I'm really liking that color).

A Remington 870 Express in A-TACS camo (I like that pattern, too).

A case of pretty Trijicon scopes.


I'm not sure if this vendor really was a "one stop zombie defense supply shop", but the whole show certainly was. These were just a few of many zombie targets available.

Redneck and proud of it.

What Would Bubba Do? Probably drink a beer, shoot something and wait for the next gun show.
Semper Paratus

No comments:

Post a Comment